Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Create Mobile Views in Sharepoint 2010

It is often a good idea to create special views that show information in a more compact way to enable mobile device users to see that information more clearly and to more comfortably navigate in it.Figure 1

Figure 1. A mobile view for an announcement list is designed to be more user friendly for mobile device users

SharePoint attempts to identify whether a device is a mobile device and then switches to a default mobile view that is optimized for that purpose. Nonmobile devices see the view as if it is a regular view. Each mobile view has a special URL that the mobile device is redirected to.
To specify that a view should have a mobile URL, scroll to the Mobile section in the view creation page and expand it by using the plus sign next to the section title. You can create a view and specify it to be the default mobile view for the list (see Figure 2), or you can just leave it as another new view in the list.


Figure 2. Creating a mobile view.
Additional options you can set for the mobile view are how many items to show (because you may want to trim a list for a mobile view) and what column to display as the title in the mobile view.
If you don’t have a mobile device yourself, and you want to see what the view looks like after it has been created, you must manually type the URL that SharePoint creates for the mobile view. To find out what that URL is, go into the view modification page and scroll down to the Mobile section. The URL for the mobile view appears there as text (see Figure 3).

Figure 3. The URL of a mobile view is displayed on the view modification page for the view.
To learn how to modify a view, see the following section.


Note

To see what a whole site would look like from a mobile device, you use the second URL that appears when editing a mobile view. That URL is the link to the mobile view of the home page of the site

19 comments:

  1. Wow! Finally I got a webpage from where I can really get valuable information regarding my study and knowledge.


    Feel free to surf to my website :: Louis Vuitton Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, yes this piece of writing is actually pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it regarding
    blogging. thanks.

    Feel free to visit my weblog: Wholesale Jerseys Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, it's my first pay a quick visit at this website, and post is truly fruitful for me, keep up posting these types of articles.

    Also visit my weblog - Abercrombie Et Fitch

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's remarkable to pay a quick visit this website and reading the views of all colleagues regarding this paragraph, while I am also zealous of getting familiarity.

    Review my weblog: Mulberry Outlet UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're a bunch of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with useful information to work on. You've performed a formidable
    task and our whole group can be grateful to you.


    my website - NFL Jerseys Wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post will assist the internet people for building up
    new web site or even a weblog from start to end.


    my webpage :: Abercrombie & Fitch

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure exactly why but this blog is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later on and
    see if the problem still exists.

    My weblog: Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding
    one? Thanks a lot!

    My blog post: link

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an
    established blog. Is it very hard to set up your own blog?
    I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about making my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

    Stop by my blog - Get the Facts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! After all I got a website from where I be able to truly get valuable facts concerning my study and knowledge.


    Review my site - Nike Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello friends, how is the whole thing, and what you
    desire to say concerning this post, in my view its actually amazing in favor of me.


    Here is my web site :: Air Jordan Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just too great. I really like what you've acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it.
    You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible.
    I can't wait to read much more from you. This is actually a tremendous web site.

    Also visit my web site Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks very interesting blog!

    Visit my blog: Sac A Main Louis Vuitton

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good web site you have got here.. It's hard to find good quality writing like yours these days. I seriously appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    Review my web-site :: Air Max Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  15. Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

    Here is my webpage Air Max Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, this was a really good post. Taking the time and actual effort to generate a good
    article… but what can I say… I put things off a lot and don't seem to get anything done.

    Feel free to visit my site - Wholesael NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be
    on the net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people
    think about worries that they plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

    Have a look at my website ... Cheap NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's a very easy
    on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come
    here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
    Excellent work!

    my blog post - Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Obtenez SharePoint libre sans http://www.cloudappsportal.com

    ReplyDelete