Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Reusable and Globally Reusable Workflows in Sharepoint 2010

"SharePoint Designer Workflows" is nothing new, we've had that in 2007 as well. In SPD 2007, workflows were not reusable. Once you have defined a workflow, you cannot move that workflow to another list or reuse it somewhere else.
NOW in SharePoint 2010, this is possible! You can create reusable workflows and attach them to more than one list.
"Reusable workflows" is one of the coolest features in SharePoint 2010, however when I opened up SPD for the first time, I was a bit confused because I noticed two different terms "Reusable Workflows" and 'Globally Reusable Workflows".


When you create a Reusable workflow in SharePoint Designer 2010, it’s by default reusable within the site it has been created in, which means that it can be attached to any list within this site. But what if you want your workflow to be reusable in the whole site collection? Well, this is the definition of “Globally Reusable Workflows”. You can easily convert your workflows to be available anywhere in your site collection by opening your workflow and clicking on “Convert to Globally Reusable” from the ribbon as shown below.





Also it’s worth mentioning that only the workflows created at the root level of the site collection can be converted to be Globally Reusable but other ones created in sub sites cannot. Try to create a workflow in a sub site, open it and note that the Conversion button is dimmed.


Another important question is what if I want to take my workflow and give it to somebody else in a different site collection? There’s another button in the ribbon called “Save as Template”, this takes the workflow, put it in a wsp file and save it to the ‘Site Assets” library.


You can export this file and deploy it to other site collection and what’s really cool is that you can import this wsp into Visual Studio and extend it over there.



More Information about workflows
What's New in Sharepoint 2010 Workflow

22 comments:

  1. This supplies continuously meaningful loading throughout the exercising,
    and inroads the muscle mass power stages additional effectively.


    My site :: weight sets for sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. All wellbeing professionals have arrive for the consensus that a
    combination of aerobic (physical exercises that involves or
    improves oxygen consumption through the system) and anaerobic (energy training and building muscle mass) workouts works
    far better in improving cholesterol, hypertension, and boosting metabolism than both one by itself.


    My web blog :: dumbbell sets

    ReplyDelete
  3. You most likely have found most of these unique contraptions on late-night Tv infomercials.


    Have a look at my homepage :: Read A lot more

    ReplyDelete
  4. They will provide you some good insight into if these resistance bands
    are appropriate for yourself.

    My homepage ... bowflex for sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is actually easy also to open out your performing exercises tools and prepare by yourself to the training session in a very systematic
    manner.

    Here is my webpage: getfitnstrong.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of people hunt for the flashy solutions when they're striving to search out a different home gymnasium.

    my site ... bowflex dumbbells 552

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do some research on this model and check out
    purchaser opinions before you purchase them.

    Also visit my website - related web-site

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is not true, nevertheless, since pretty small muscular effort is expected to balance a
    thing.

    Also visit my homepage :: http://www.getfitnstrong.com/bowflex-dumbbells/fit-strong-bowflex-552/ Post Article Comments Name : EmailAddress : URL : Comments : Article Categories �

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost you're utilizing? I've loaded your
    blog in 3 completely different web browsers and I must
    say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you recommend
    a good hosting provider at a honest price? Many thanks, I appreciate it!


    Here is my weblog :: Test Force Xtreme And Lean Muscle X

    ReplyDelete
  10. This web site definitely has all of the information and
    facts I needed about this subject and didn't know who to ask.

    Here is my web site ... Beta Force And Max Thermo Burn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy reading through an article that can make
    people think. Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!


    Have a look at my website: Muscle Core X Muscle Building

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform
    are you using for this website? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Stop by my homepage ... muscle x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets
    I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Look into my web page ... home staging companies

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is available in a significantly more compact package as opposed to
    typical residence gym, given that only one unit ought to be purchased versus numerous
    different machines.

    my blog post: http://www.getfitnstrong.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's loads of other dwelling gym gear to consider when looking during this field, but with any luck , the knowledge we've got offered previously mentioned will assist you to make your mind up
    on products that will very best fit your wants.


    Also visit my page; bowflex adjustable dumbbells

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bowflex Strength Rods supply a unique method of generating resistance and weight that mimics the results of natural weightlifting.


    Look at my weblog: Rednecktube.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hence, it is advisable to get a stand using this variety of dumbbell to beat this problem.


    My weblog: Top

    ReplyDelete
  18. Even so, once the local climate is out of the question for running as a
    result of snow, abnormal heat, wet ground, or any range of other
    factors, it is frequently a greater plan to stay in the home
    and make use of your Merit Exercise 725 which I really believe is probably the best
    treadmills for jogging.

    Also visit my blog just click the up coming website

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brown on either side then prime with crushed tomatoes, oregano and basil, include and cook for forty five minutes.


    my page :: weights and dumbbells for sale

    ReplyDelete
  20. The type of bench handy for workouts such as the shoulder
    push will be the vertical bench.

    Here is my site :: adjustable dumbbell set

    ReplyDelete
  21. They may be designed to remain firm and strong despite challenging everyday use.



    Stop by my homepage - best adjustable dumbbells

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's important to create great type when utilizing a stair-climber in order that you tone the suitable muscles and maximize the number of calories burnt.

    Feel free to visit my blog: Skip Navigation

    ReplyDelete