Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

How to Use JQuery for a div in webpart to slideup and slidedown, in updatepanel.


Q) I have used JQuery for a div in webpart to slideup and slidedown, in updatepanel ,

as...

$(document).ready(
$(function () {
$("#userClose").click(function () {
$('#userDetailsShow').slideUp('3000', function () {
$('#userDetailsHide').slideDown('3000');
}
);
}); 

Its working fine but giving error:--

"object doesn't support this property or method 'call' in JQuery v1.4.3.min.js,"

Solution:

$(document).ready( function () {


$("#userClose").click(function () {
$('#userDetailsShow').slideUp('3000', function () {
$('#userDetailsHide').slideDown('3000');
});


}); 

You have an extra “$(“  before “function()” that would not be necessary. 

If still not working - Are you using any other javascript libraries other than jQuery. If you are using Prototype and jQuery you might see an error similar to this. Because both are using ‘$’ related syntax for object access.

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd most certainly donate to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for
    book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to fresh updates and will share this blog with my
    Facebook group. Talk soon!

    My web site :: walking calculator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I post your submit to my wordpress blog? I will add a one way link to your forum.
    That’s one actually nice post.

    my webpage; how to increase chances of getting pregnant

    ReplyDelete