Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Increase the Throttling for SharePoint 2010 List

I've been working on a list with items exceeding the 5000 default list view threshold limit.I know that I can easily go to Central Administration and bump this number up.But my goal was NOT to enable this for the entire Web application. 
 I only wanted to make an exception to this one list.
 
So I started digging into the SPList properties and found a property called "EnableThrottling". Setting this property to "false", allowed me to bypass the 5000 limit for this one list.
 
I used the following PowerShell commands to achieve this:
 
$WebApplication = Get-SPWeb http://<SiteCollectionName>
 
$List = $WebApplication.Lists["My List"]
 
$List.EnableThrottling = $false
 
$List.Update()

No comments:

Post a Comment